Grand Rapids Post-Judgment Modifications

At the law office of Stacy L. Van Dyken, P.C., Stacy is dedicated to providing meaningful, compassionate, and aggressive family law representation to clients throughout West Michigan.


Modifications of Child Custody and Support Orders

Stacy has more than 10 years of experience representing clients in various post-judgment modification requests. To learn more about how she can put her experience and dedication to work for you, contact Stacy L. Van Dyken online or call (616) 776-3902

Is It Possible to Modify an Existing Court Order?

Many people call my office with a question of to whether a court order can ever be changed. The basic answer: Yes. However, courts look to see if a substantial change in circumstances, such as loss of income or increase in parenting time, has occurred before allowing a modification to take place.

Helping You Modify Your Child Custody or Support Order

For child custody modifications, often the court also looks to see if the change will be in the best interests of the child. As your attorney, Stacy can help you craft a detailed argument supporting why you want to change your custody arrangement and will represent you in all court hearings. She can also help you with a specific request for a change in domicile, also known as relocation with your children.

If the other parent of your child is refusing to comply with an order, you may instead want to seek enforcement of that order in court. Please contact Stacy L. Van Dyken if you have questions about to modifying or enforcing an existing order.

Contact My Firm for More Information

If you are seeking a child custody modification, or a child support, or spousal support modification, Stacy can help you. Contact Stacy L. Van Dyken online today to learn more, or call (616) 776-3902.



  Waters Building Grand Rapids Michigan, Attorney Stacy Van Dyken

At the Grand Rapids law office of Stacy L. Van Dyken, P.C., we conveniently serve clients throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Holland, Muskegon, and Grand Haven and throughout Kent County, Ottawa County, Allegan County, Barry County, Newaygo County, Montcalm County, and Ionia County.